[Mailman-Users] Kernel update breaks Mailman!!

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Fri Feb 21 22:03:01 CET 2014

On Fri, 2014-02-21 at 05:56 -0800, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> OK, From what you report here and elsewhere, it appears the issue was
> with OutgoingRunner not processing Mailman's 'out' queue. If the above
> log excerpt (appears to be from a mailmanctl restart) is complete, you
> will note that there are three entries for most runners, e,g.

Well I can't reproduce the Mailman list problem today.  I (re)updated
the kernel version to 3.2.0-59-generic x86_64 and everything seems to be
working OK.  The only obvious change is the aforementioned issue with
the bind9 name server daemon which requires an explicit IPv4 network
interface ACL instead of defaulting to receiving on ALL interfaces if
the IPv4 ACL is absent in the config.  I didn't update bind, so this is
kernel dependent.  It's possible that some features of v4 and v6 address
handling have been merged (there's an IPv6 interface ACL in the bind9
config).  It's also possible that attempts at name resolution hung up
Mailman's qrunner.  If it won't break, I can't fix it :-S

Thanks for your time and attention.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Everything works if you let it"
FMP Computer Services |