[Mailman-Users] Mailman and postfix virtual user trouble

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Feb 20 14:24:58 CET 2014

On 02/19/2014 12:44 PM, Stefano Cislaghi wrote:

> I see that virtual-mailman just translate:
>
> mylist at lists.anotherdom.net   mylist

Yes.

> And probably here postfix try to treat it as local address. However
> in /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman  is present

You mean /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases?

> mylist:  "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post mylist"

Here's an issue. From main.cf:

mydestination = localhost, localhost.localdomain
mydomain = mydomain.io

You need to have mydomain.io in mydestination, either by

mydestination = localhost, localhost.localdomain, $mydomain

or

mydestination = localhost, localhost.localdomain, mydomain.io

Hoever, I'm concerned about the implication of

mailman_destination_recipient_limit = 1

What's in /etc/postfix/transport? If there is a 'mailman' transport
entry for the lists.anotherdom.net domain and this transport is defined
in master.cf as postfix_to_mailman.py, see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/EYDt>, and probably just remove the 'mailman'
entry from /etc/postfix/transport and
removemailman_destination_recipient_limit from main.cf.