[Mailman-Users] Command-line to the rescue?

Richard richard at KarmannGhia.org
Wed Feb 12 17:53:14 CET 2014

On Wed, 12 Feb 2014, Mark Sapiro wrote:

>> So... /usr/lib/mailman/bin/discard to the rescue?
>>
>> All 'discard -h' says is:
>>
>> Discard held messages.
>>
>> Usage:
>>      discard [options] file ...

>>      --help / -h
>>          Print this help message and exit.
>>
>>      --quiet / -q
>>          Don't print status messages.
>>
>> Um... Obvious question: What goes in the file?
>

> The held message file(s) which are in Mailman's data/directory with names
> like heldmsg-LISTNAME-nnnn.*
>

>> I'd also have expected it to present me with an option to specify which
>> list? A "from" email address? And what if I want to accept or reject
>> instead of discard?
>>
>> Is there a different utility I should be looking at?
>

> See <http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/list_requests>.

PERFECT! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

In fact this is a MUCH better way to manage pending moderator requests
than the web interface! YAY!

Just curious: This seems an obvious "enhancement" to younger versions - is
it safe to assume this script is now a part of the standard distribution?
(Or should I be mindful to save this script whenever I finally upgrade?)

Regards,
Richard