[Mailman-Users] Access message by URL based upon message ID?

Malte Forkel malte.forkel at berlin.de
Tue Feb 11 11:48:40 CET 2014

Hello,

Does mailman offer an option to provide access to messages in archive by
a URL based upon the message's ID?

The reason I'm asking is similar to the rationale provided in [1]: I'm
reading a mailing list originally maintained by mailman and
redistributed by gmane.org using an NTTP client and I'm looking for a
easy way to reference interesting messages in my wiki.

So far, I have found a proposal for stable URLs by Barry Warsaw [2] and
a related thread on this very list [2]. Unfortunately, the mail archive
does not seem to offer the message-id based service mentioned in that
thread anymore. Gmane still does, but the served page does not provide
any links to other messages in the thread.

Thanks,
Malte

[1]
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tools-discuss/current/msg03400.html