[Mailman-Users] missing mailman archive

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Feb 10 19:26:27 CET 2014

On 02/09/2014 04:49 PM, Dave Stevens wrote:

> For one domain only the mail isn't being archived. Attachments to mails
> are. I find this pretty weird and have looked around but to no avail -
> clicking through on the usual footer link on list mails leads correctly
> to a folder for attachments but no mail bodies.

What is the archive URL? Is it a public 'pipermail' link? If so, what is
Mailman's archives/public/LISTNAME for this list. It should be a symlink
to archives/private/LISTNAME. If it is a directory rather than a
symlink, remove it - Mailman will create the symlink as needed.

Otherwise, look at Mailman's logs, particularly 'error'. Also, there
should be an archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox file which is
a cumulative mbox containg the full archive, and an
archives/private/LISTNAME/ directory containing the html archives. Is
that all there? Is there a permissions issue? What does Mailman's
bin/check_perms say?