[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.15 translations not quite right

Matt Moore matt.moore at okfn.org
Wed Dec 31 14:07:16 CET 2014

Hi Mark,

I probably should have been a bit more detailed, I was looking at the
template as you described through the Mailman UI and I was comparing that
with the source code from the rendered page, they're quite similar.
However your extra information and the pointer to look in the folder made
me realise what the mistake was.  I'd assumed that the template was
supposed to be in English and that some programming magic happened
elsewhere to change the lanuage.  That's obviously not the case, so I put
the copy of the translation into the pt_BR folder as you suggested and that
fixed the issue.

Many thanks for the help and detailed explanations.  I really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Matt

On 30 December 2014 at 20:02, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> On 12/30/2014 04:50 AM, Matt Moore wrote:
> > Mark,
> >
> > I've looked carefully at that template (
> > https://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/cienciaaberta ) and the template
> > I really can't notice the difference.
>

> Those are not the templates. They are the pages rendered from the
> templates.
>
> You need to go to the list's web admin interface and follow the link
> "Other Administrative Activities -> Edit the public HTML pages and text
> files" in the section at the upper right ("Outras Atividades
> Administrativas -> Editar as páginas HTML públicas e arquivos de texto"
> in pt_BR) and follow the General list information page (Página de
> informações gerais da lista) link on the resulting page.
>
> This will show you the template your list is using. I have attached a
> copy of the default pt_BR listinfo.html template. If you think it is OK,
> you can revert your list to the default by removing any list specific,
> domain specific or sitewide edited version of this template. This may be
> found at /var/lib/mailman/lists/cienciaaberta/pt_BR/listinfo.html in a
> Debian package, or it may be in
> /var/lib/mailman/templates/site/pt_BR/listinfo.html or
> /var/lib/mailman/templates/lists.okfn.org/pt_BR/listinfo.html - See the
> FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/jYA9> for more info.
>
> --

Matthew Moore
Sysadmin