[Mailman-Users] Robots.txt

Greg Sims greg at headingup.net
Sun Dec 28 02:30:28 CET 2014

Thanks Mark and Stephen,

This is not straightforward in my case either.  I am running mailman under
Plesk.  There exists the file:

/etc/httpd/conf.d/mailman.conf

This files sets up a ScriptAlias for /mailman/ and an Alias for
/pipermail/.  I added the following to this file:

Alias /robots.txt /var/www/vhosts/raystedman.org/not-drupal/lists-robots.txt

This directory is a convenient location within the webroot of
RayStedman.org.  I created lists-robots.txt in the directory above and
restarted Apache.  The result is the existence of:

http://lists.raystedman.org/robots.txt

which hides all the files for the lists.raystedman.org subdomain from the
search engines.  I will now sit back a see how long it takes for these urls
in this subdomain to be delisted.  I will give them a push via google
webmaster tools which offers an option to delist a URL.

Thanks again for your help guys!

Happy New Year, Greg