[Mailman-Users] Digest indexes

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Dec 19 14:13:22 CET 2014

Lucio Chiappetti writes:

 > > Actually, most Emacs-based MUAs are able to treat digests as folders
 > > by default.  No customizations required.
 >
 > Then you are beyond my mark,

Not really.  My primary MUA is VM, which presents a rather simple
menubar & toolbar interface to the average user.  However, a lot of
intelligent/sophisticated/too-smart-for-their-own-good/too-much-free-
time-on-their-hands hackers have tweaked things so that most actions
do something sensible most of the time.  (Of course, if you want to
it's easy enough to access the more advanced features via keyboard.)

The big problem with Emacs-based MUAs is that it's way too easy to
escape into Emacs itself and never find your way back to the safety of
the WIMP-y MUA. :-)

 > and possibly both about average user.

Yeah, that's why I didn't suggest asking them to get real MUAs.