[Mailman-Users] Advantages

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Mon Dec 8 19:01:05 CET 2014

On Mon, 2014-12-08 at 09:36 -0800, Carl Zwanzig wrote:
> On 12/8/2014 9:11 AM, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
>
> > For an announcement list, I would think this would be a problem only if
> > he was posting _from_ an address that advertises a DMARC policy.
>
> you'd think so, but the sender is on well.com; all of the yahoo/hotmail/etc
> addresses bounced and all the others were delivered. Circumstances being
> what they are, it's not worth my time to figure this out, only need it for a
> couple more weeks and a few more messages.

Well, this is a matter of concern beyond your list, Carl, so I'm
replying to the Mailman-users list in case someone else has knows
something about this.

well.com doesn't advertise a DMARC policy, so why would this be?  Are we
looking at something new here?  A lot of us run announcement lists, or
do so for our customers.  Can we expect rejections from these ESPs too?
Is well.com blacklisted in some other way?  Or do yahoo/hotmail/etc
filter in some other way that might bite even a legit CC or BCC list?

Is there no safe harbor in this storm of misbegotten paranoia????

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "The only unchanging certainty
FMP Computer Services |    is the certainty of change"