[Mailman-Users] Any info on number of Mailman installations?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Dec 7 01:51:18 CET 2014

On 12/06/2014 04:19 PM, Barry S. Finkel wrote:
> On 12/6/2014 3:15 PM, Andrew Stuart wrote:
>> Just wondering if anyone has any idea how many installations there are
>> of Mailman
>> around the world?
>>
>> thanks
>>

> How do you count?  Where I used to work, there were four groups,
> each with their own Mailman server.  Does that count as one organization
> or four?

I would count that as 1 organization, 4 installations and presumably a
number of active lists >= 4

I don't think anyone knows what the world total for these numbers is. My
guess is the number of installations is well into the thousands, quite
possibly in the tens of thousands, and the number of active lists is in
the tens of thousands, but that's only my guess. I don't know how I
would even go about trying to validate that.