[Mailman-Users] MHonArc Patch for Mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Dec 6 03:09:30 CET 2014

Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Just for fun, I applied both the prerequisite modinc-2.1.12-0.1.patch
> and the mhonarc-2.1.12-0.1.patch to Mailman 2.1.18-1

OK, it's raining here (hooray!) and a slow day, so I went further and
created <http://www.msapiro.net/mm/mhonarc-2.1.18-1.1.patch>.

This is Richard's patch with all conflicts resolved, the dependency on
<http://openinfo.co.uk/mm/patches/760567/index.html> removed and code
added to Mailman/versions.py to add the new list attributes to existing
lists.

This last is the whole point of bumping DATA_FILE_VERSION; i.e. when
Mailman detects that Mailman.Version.DATA_FILE_VERSION is greater that
that in the list's data_version, it calls Mailman.versions.Update to
update the list to the current DATA_FILE_VERSION. If the code isn't in
Mailman.versions.Update, nothing gets updated except the list's
data_version.