[Mailman-Users] Is there a way to post "silently" to a mailing list?

Andrew Stuart andrew.stuart at supercoders.com.au
Fri Dec 5 23:45:58 CET 2014

The reason is so list users are able to record additional information (effectively “notes”) against a mail discussion thread, without making the list noisy. Those notes can then be seen in the archive.

It sounds like there’s no built in way so I’ll probably just modify the source so that a message to BCC results in a silent post. I’d be interested to hear if anyone thinks that approach is likely to cause problems.

thanks

On 4 Dec 2014, at 10:41 pm, Alain Williams <addw at phcomp.co.uk> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 04, 2014 at 10:38:34PM +1100, Andrew Stuart wrote:
> What I mean specifically - is it possible to send a message to a list such that it goes into the archives, but it not distributed to list members?

Why ?

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/