[Mailman-Users] Incorrect email address - a bug?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Dec 3 21:48:00 CET 2014

On 12/03/2014 12:32 PM, Lindsay Haisley wrote:

> Going to the member options page from the general info page (not logged
> in as an admin), I enter my email address on the latter and get the
> login page for user list management.  The page shows, quite correctly,
> "<listname> list: member options for user fmouse at fmp.com".  When I
> request a Password reminder it doesn't arrive.  The mail server log
> shows that Mailman is trying to send to "fmouse-owner at fmp.com" - no such
> user!!

Is the list's General Options -> umbrella_list set to Yes? I suspect so.
This causes things like password reminders for members like
user at example.com to be sent to userXXX at example.com where XXX is
umbrella_member_suffix (default -owner) so that they aren't sent to the
actual member address which in the case of an umbrella list is another
list, not an individual.