[Mailman-Users] Advantages

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Dec 3 09:09:04 CET 2014

rex at rexgoode.com writes:

 > I can think of a lot of advantages myself, but I'm wondering if anyone
 > has seen a good list somewhere.

There may be one on the wiki somewhere.

Besides the points Barry made, I would add:

1.  Easier personal filtering.  Geeks can use the List-* headers,
    non-geeks the Subject tags.

2.  Common spam filtering (including vacation messages :-).

3.  Common attachment filtering and storage.

4.  Vacation functionality (for those who are willing to log in and
    set no-mail).

5.  Dupe filtering (for those who are willing to log in and set
    not-me-too).

6.  Advanced distribution and archive functionality (coming in Mailman 3).