[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.15 translations not quite right

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Dec 1 21:27:04 CET 2014

On 11/30/2014 02:07 PM, Bruinen wrote:

> I have a similar problem, same configuration (Debian 7.7, Mailman
> 2.1.15). My mailing lists are all set to German, but in some of the
> configuration sites (e.g. bounce handling) most parts are in German,
> some in English.

This is because not all the i18n strings in Mailman's admin CGI module
are translated in the German message catalog in Mailman 2.1.15.

In Mailman 2.1.18-1 there are a few sections such as bounce processing
and content filtering that have significant untranslated portions, and
there are a few other untranslated strings, mostly having to do with
newly added features.

If you wish to help by providing translations for the untranslated
pieces, see <http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/i18nhowto>, and join the
mailman-i18n list at
<https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/mailman-i18n> and ask for help
there.