[Mailman-Users] Munging and Reply All behaviour with Outlook - was Erratic mail delivery times

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Aug 18 06:32:59 CEST 2014

Peter Shute writes:
 > Further unwanted Reply All behaviour - a Lotus Notes user says when
 > he sends a reply with Reply All, the list bounce address is
 > Cc'd. It does include the list address too, which is good.
 >
 > Can it cause any problems to Cc the list bounce address?

Mark is on vacation for two weeks, so you'll probably have to wait for
a definitive answer.

I believe that Mailman is smart enough to recognize that an ordinary
post is not a bounce, so probably no harm is done.  However, if the
post happens to have a three-digit number starting with 4 or 5 near
the start, I suppose it could be misclassified.

Either way, I'd keep an eye on user bounce counts.  I think Mark has
such a script in his contrib site (sorry, don't recall the URL).  You
can check for disabled members with "bin/list_members -n bybounce".

Steve