[Mailman-Users] Disappearing messages

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Apr 30 10:50:05 CEST 2014

sherwin writes:

 > I run a forum on Ibiblio and am seeing a strange phenomenon
 > lately.

It's not a phenomenon, it's a policy of Yahoo! and AOL.  The other
services' users are "collateral damage", as the US DoD likes to say.

 > I would like to know what is happening to these missing messages that do
 > not show up

For pointers to the full dope:

http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users%40python.org/msg64211.html

 > in Inbox's, Spam Folders, or Trash Folders.  Do I tell our AOL users to
 > stop sending messages to our forum?

I can't *recommend* that as it's not really the users' fault (BTW, you'd
also need to censor the Yahoo! users), but I'd love to see you do it. :-|