[Mailman-Users] Excessive bounces to list members on my list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Apr 30 04:11:07 CEST 2014

On 04/29/2014 06:46 PM, Robert Heller wrote:

> Actually probably not.  I think the giveaway is the presense of the various
> list specific headers (X-Mailman-Version:, List-Id:, List-Unsubscribe:,
> List-Archive:, List-Post:, List-Help:, and List-Subscribe:).  In other words,
> they are using a *smart* filtering program, and not some dumb clueless test.

Actually, I tested with a list message with a yahoo.com from with no RFC
2369 List-* headers added and it still went through to a gmail
recipient, even though a non-list message from the same server with a
yahoo.com from was rejected for DMARC policy by gmail.

And think about it. If it were based on the presence of various headers,
how long to you think it would take the black hats to figure out what
they were and just put those headers into their phishing mails?