[Mailman-Users] Excessive bounces to list members on my list

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Tue Apr 29 22:26:14 CEST 2014

On Tue, 2014-04-29 at 15:18 -0500, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-04-29 at 15:55 -0400, Conrad G T Yoder wrote:
> > On Apr 29, 2014, at 1:04 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull
> <stephen at xemacs.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Large services like Yahoo, AOL, and Hotmail seem to be respecting
> > > the policy despite the adverse effect on their users (ie, getting
> > > unsubscribed).
> >
> > Pretty sure Hotmail has not set their dmarc record to reject.  Where
> > are you seeing this?
>
> They don't have to.  All they have to do is respect AOL's and Yahoo's
> DMARC p=reject record and bounce non-aligning email from these ESPs
> accordingly.

Actually, to be more accurate, all they have to do is respect AOL's and
Yahoo's DMARC p=reject record and bounce non-aligning email which has a
header From address indicating that the _author_ has an address with
these ESPs.  Sorry for the imprecision.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Behold! Our way lies through a
FMP Computer Services |    dark wood whence in which