[Mailman-Users] moving mailman

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Tue Apr 29 18:55:30 CEST 2014

On Tue, 2014-04-29 at 09:43 -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> > I receive the message if I try to subscribe a list, then nothing - I
> > receive the confirmation message, but no acknowledgement. looks like the
> > mail do not reach mailman.
>
> Look at the logs from your mail server. Does it receive the message? If
> so, what does it do with it?

At the risk of being taken to task for illuminating the obvious ....

Probably at least half the problems I see on this list, and several
others I'm on, could be definitively addressed, if not completely
solved, by reference to system or application logs.  Logs are system
administrators' first line of inquiry for most problems.  I think a lot
of people forget how compulsive Unix-like operating systems are about
logging nearly everything that happens, and how useful logs can be when
something doesn't work as expected.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "We have met the enemy and he is us."
FMP Computer Services |