[Mailman-Users] Newsreader access.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Apr 27 17:55:11 CEST 2014

On 04/27/2014 05:46 AM, Joe wrote:

> In the case you describe the server would send posts to the newsgroups and readers would access these newsgroups to see the posts. So posts are sent to the list using each list's e-mail address and then 'copied' to the newsserver. What happens when readers wish to reply to what they read on their newsreaders ? Would they send their reply to the newsgroup or have to send their reply to the list itself using the list's e-mail address ? This part is not very clear to me.

Either way. Look at the settings in the web admin UI Mail<->News
gateways section. You have separate controls for sending from Mailman to
the news group and from the news group to Mailman.

If you enable gateway_to_mail, posts to the newsgroup will be sent to
the list. If you don't enable gateway_to_mail, posts to the newsgroup
will not be sent to the list.

You should be aware that if you do gate from the newsgroup to the list,
posts to the newsgroup from nonmembers of the list will be accepted by
the list regardless of the list's generic_nonmember_action.