[Mailman-Users] I : Error message "Bug in Mailman version 2.1.12" when approving a moderated post and selecting "Preserve message for the Administrator"...

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Apr 25 19:03:46 CEST 2014

On 04/25/2014 04:46 AM, Jacques Setton wrote:
>>> This is a Python 2.6 incompatibility fixed in Mailman 2.1.13. The fix is
> at <http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1/revision/1183>.
>
> Thanks Mark for the pointer to the 1183 fix. For the time being, would it be
> ok that I replace the existing 'ListAdmin.py' file by a revised one which
> includes the 2 code-lines changes (actually 3 with the Copyright one) ?
> I also assume that, after loading the revised file on the server, it would
> be advisable to then restart (reload) the Mailman service.

Yes, that's what you need to do, and it is not only advisable, but
necessary to restart Mailman after any changes to the source code.

> Hence, it would
> be helpful to know if I can just apply the above fix for now and then
> consider (plan for) an upgrade to Mailman 2.1.13+ at a later stage. Thanks
> for your advice on this preferred approach.

Yes, you can do all that. I would recommend 2.1.18, but upgrading a
RedHat/CentOS package from source is not totally straightforward. See
the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/KYCB> and the mailman-developers post
and INSTALL.REDHAT document referred to therein.