[Mailman-Users] 'Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender' error when using an e-mail from a domain co-hosted with the one used for Mailman lists

Jacques Setton jsetton at waycast.com
Thu Apr 24 23:56:52 CEST 2014

<http://www.list.org/mailman-install/postfix-virtual.html>.
>> Have you configured Postfix this way or some other way ?

The complete output generated by the  '# postconf -n' command is appended
below.
Besides that, I have not configured postfix in any particular way...
As previously indicated, Mailman works well with any external Email address,
but not with the ones co-hosted on the same physical server...

Any idea about what the problem could be ?

 Jacques Setton
 jsetton at waycast.com

COMPLETE OUTPUT OF "POSTCONF -N" COMMAND
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases, hash:/etc/mailman/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, hash:/etc/mailman/aliases
command_directory = /usr/sbin
config_directory = /etc/postfix
daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
data_directory = /var/lib/postfix
debug_peer_level = 2
html_directory = no
inet_interfaces = all
inet_protocols = all
local_recipient_maps = unix:passwd.byname
mail_owner = postfix
mailbox_command = /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver
mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq.postfix
manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
milter_default_action = accept
mydestination = localhost.$mydomain, localhost, localhost.localdomain
mydomain = localdomain
myhostname = vps39345.ovh.net
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8
myorigin = $mydomain
non_smtpd_milters = inet:localhost:8891
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.6.6/README_FILES
recipient_delimiter = +
sender_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_canonical
setgid_group = postdrop
smtpd_milters = inet:localhost:8891
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = check_recipient_access
mysql:/etc/postfix/sql/mysql_amavis_in.cf, permit_mynetworks,
reject_unauth_destination
smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/pki/tls/certs/localhost.crt
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/pki/tls/private/localhost.key
smtpd_tls_loglevel = 1
smtpd_tls_security_level = may
smtpd_tls_session_cache_database = btree:/var/lib/postfix/smtpd_tls_cache.db
smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550
virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/sql/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf,
mysql:/etc/postfix/sql/mysql_virtual_alias_domain_maps.cf,
mysql:/etc/postfix/sql/mysql_virtual_alias_domain_catchall_maps.cf,
mysql:/etc/postfix/sql/mysql_virtual_mailing.cf,
hash:/etc/mailman/virtual-mailman
virtual_gid_maps = static:101
virtual_mailbox_base = /var/mail/vhosts
virtual_mailbox_domains =
mysql:/etc/postfix/sql/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/sql/mysql_virtual_mailbox_maps.cf,
mysql:/etc/postfix/sql/mysql_virtual_alias_domain_mailbox_maps.cf
virtual_transport = dovecot
virtual_uid_maps = static:500