[Mailman-Users] Mirror mailing list with web forum

Jon 1234 jon.1234 at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Apr 18 03:26:59 CEST 2014

> From: tim at yingtong.co.uk
> Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 00:36:37 +0100
> ref identity I really mean at present most of the traffic is on the mailing list (and the forum is more of an archive for 80% of the joint community) where users complain they can’t easily identify forum posters as people (its a friendly bunch) as I’ve set it to post to the list as the single subscribed list address.  They/I would like to see the forum users name/email address somewhere inside the body text so they can say “Hi Peter, good to hear from you, I think I can answer this one…”  I’ve searched within FUDforum for documentation of how to format posts to include posters names etc. to no avail.

This seems to work. Go to forum/theme/default/post.php and find the line:

if (!empty($r[3])) { // Use the forum's fixed "From:" address.

After it add words to the following effect:

$body .= "\n-- \nThis message was sent via the web forum by $from";

You should get a footer along the lines of:

This message was sent via the web forum by Name <email address>

Which will be followed by the Mailman footer.

> In reality for membership intergration between the two I suspect I wouldn’t be first in the queue currently as I have several hundred subscribers both places, with significant overlap between them!
>
> BW TIm

If I manage to solve this how about I mention it here but post the detail on the FUDforum website?

Best wishes

Jon