[Mailman-Users] DMARC and From header munging

Terry Earley terry at fiteyes.com
Thu Apr 17 20:26:22 CEST 2014

Lindsey,
I have been following this thread with interest, and relieved that for our
list, all posts are moderated. We have determined to repost all messages
coming from Yahoo with our moderator's account.

To your question if VERP might be a partial answer, we are using VERP and
"Full personalization" so the posters email address is passed through. we
are still getting the DMARC error. Here is what came back to my gmail
address as a result of a Yahoo post (which I did not receive):

> Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550-5.7.1 Unauthenticated email from yahoo.com is
> not
>     accepted due to domain's 550-5.7.1 DMARC policy. Please contact
>     administrator of yahoo.com domain if 550-5.7.1 this was a legitimate
> mail.
>     Please visit 550-5.7.1  http://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690to
>     learn about DMARC 550 5.7.1 initiative. x7si9647998qaj.232 - gsmtp

Terry Earley
801 810-4175
Donate to FitEyes <http://www.fiteyes.com/community/donate-to-fiteyes>