[Mailman-Users] DMARC and Bellsouth, etc.

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Thu Apr 17 00:15:05 CEST 2014

On Wed, 2014-04-16 at 15:34 -0500, Mike Starr wrote:
> I know there aren't any teeth behind RFCs but it might at least get
> their attention.

Doubtful, but the sentiment is noble.  My guess is that the people at
Yahoo who implemented this, and possibly also the designers of DMARC,
don't fully understand the RFC process and have a limited attention span
and very narrow focus of attention as far as such things are concerned.
Their understanding (and knowledge) of accepted best practices regarding
email and mailing lists is woefully limited.  My guess also is that as a
result, all of this kerfuffle has probably caught a number of these
people by surprise.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Everything works if you let it"
FMP Computer Services |