[Mailman-Users] DMARC and Bellsouth, etc.

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Wed Apr 16 18:51:24 CEST 2014

I'll jump in here and offer the quick solution that I'm using at FMP.
The primary culprit here is Yahoo, which publishes a DMARC p=reject
policy via DNS.  To the best of our knowledge, so far, no one else is
doing this, although sbcglobal, att.net, comcast.net, Hotmail and a
number of other email service providers will honor Yahoo's policy and
bounce posts which have a yahoo.com address in the From header and come
from an IP address which isn't a yahoo.com server.  This is the case, as
per relevant RFCs, for most mail from Mailman mailing lists.

What I'm advising list admins here, which puts a band-aid on the
problem, is to put all yahoo.com subscribers on moderation, effectively
making them read-only subscriptions.  Also go through your membership
list and clear any nomail disablements with a "[B]" beside them.  We're
also advising yahoo.com list subscribers to get a Gmail account (as free
and easy to get as a Yahoo account)

Mark or Stephen may have a more in-depth response to you, but this is
how I've addressed the problem here.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Everything works if you let it"
FMP Computer Services |