[Mailman-Users] More mass unsubscriptions

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Wed Apr 16 17:16:19 CEST 2014

On Wed, 2014-04-16 at 07:55 -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 04/16/2014 07:40 AM, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> > This morning at 9 AM CDT one of FMP's lists here saw another mass
> > unsubscription event - 51 subscribers with the usual ESP addresses:
> > hotmail, yahoo, comcast, bellsouth, etc.  Checking the list archive,
> > there have been no posts to the list from yahoo.com since the 13th.
> >
> > Someone else must be publishing a DMARC p=reject record.  Any insight on
> > this?
>

> Or the members had delivery disabled by bounce a while ago and only now
> were unsubscribed after exhausting notices. Check Mailman's bounce log.

OK, thanks.  I had to refresh my knowledge of how the bounce system
works.  Apparently a subscriber disabled for excessive bounces _must_
attend to the matter within a given time frame
(bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings number of notices) or the disablement
turns into an unsubscription.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Everything works if you let it"
FMP Computer Services |