[Mailman-Users] Accessing sub-letter search lists

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Apr 16 17:06:01 CEST 2014

On 04/14/2014 04:39 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 04/13/2014 10:48 PM, Conrad G T Yoder wrote:
>>
>> I have a large list (7600 addresses), and when I search for a list of users of a popular domain (e.g. yahoo.com), I of course get a large result set back - sometimes more than 50 beginning with a particular letter.  On those addresses with more than 50 starting with a common letter, they are of course split up, but when I click on another of the sub-letter lists, the “Find” string disappears in the search results and I’m back to a subset of the whole list, not the searched list.  Is there any way around this?  Thanks much.
>

> This is a bug. Thanks for the report. I'll fix it. See
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1307454>.
>
> In the mean time, the only work around is to set admin_member_chunksize
> on the General Options page large enough to include all members of the
> largest sublist so it isn't chunked.

The fix has been committed for 2.1.18.  In the mean time, another work
around is when you click the link for another chunk and get the
unfiltered chunk back with a URL like
<http://www.example.com/mailman/admin/listname/members?letter=m&chunk=1>
in the browsers address bar, add the filter to the URL and get that.
E.g. with yahoo.com as the search, the above becomes
<http://www.grizz.org/mailman/admin/gpc-talk/members?letter=m&chunk=1&findmember=yahoo.com>.