[Mailman-Users] Emails from yahoo members, are getting rejected by yahoo, "Service Unavailable".

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Mon Apr 14 21:16:32 CEST 2014

On Mon, 2014-04-14 at 14:41 -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> >> SPF checks sending IPs (of which your IPs won't match Yahoo's, thus
> >> breaking DMARC)
> >>
> >> Either an SPF failure or a DKIM failure will cause a DMARC rejection
> >> if p=reject.
> >
> > Even if that were the case, which it is not, SPF should pass - since
> > typically the list is the envelope sender.
>
> Yes!  (maybe start reading threads from the bottom up?)   :-)

This is confusing.  I have a list using the DN autoharp.org.  the
envelope sender is a VERP address with the recipient address embedded,
but the DN is autoharp.org, which passes SPF based on the A record for
it.  The From header address is, of course, that of the author as per
RFC.

But we lost perhaps 10% of subscribers to the list based on DMARC
rejection.

So what is being said here?

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Everything works if you let it"
FMP Computer Services |