[Mailman-Users] DMARC victim example?

Peter Shute pshute at nuw.org.au
Mon Apr 14 00:22:00 CEST 2014

We just had a list member disabled. Is this likely to be caused by the DMARC problem? Here's the header from the attachment in the bounce action notification email:

<xxxxx.xxx at gmail.com> (expanded from <xxxxx at xxxxx.com.au>): host
    gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[2607:f8b0:400e:c03::1b] said: 550-5.7.1
    [2400:8900::f03c:91ff:fedb:b1ff      12] Our system has detected that
    550-5.7.1 this message is likely unsolicited mail. To reduce the amount of
    spam 550-5.7.1 sent to Gmail, this message has been blocked. Please visit
    550-5.7.1 http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=188131
    for 550 5.7.1 more information. cb4si7487232pbc.409 - gsmtp (in reply to
    end of DATA command)

I had a look back through a month or so of these notifications, and don't see any others mentioning spam. I'd expect the occasional list message to be detected as spam, but not for 5 days in a row.

But we must have dozens of gmail members, and this is the only one to get disabled. Makes me think this might not be related to DMARC.

We don't get many disabled like this, maybe one a week, and I rarely look at the reasons given.

We've reenabled him for now, so we'll see if it happens again. We've moderated all the yahoo members.

Peter Shute