[Mailman-Users] Emails from yahoo members, are getting rejected by yahoo, "Service Unavailable".

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Apr 14 00:17:50 CEST 2014

On 04/13/2014 03:03 PM, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> DMARC checks alignment of *both* DKIM and SPF, if either is broken DMARC fails.
>
>> SPF does not check the "From:" header line, and that's where the
>> troubles begin with DMARC.
>
> SPF checks sending IPs (of which your IPs won't match Yahoo's, thus
> breaking DMARC)
>
> Either an SPF failure or a DKIM failure will cause a DMARC rejection
> if p=reject.

I'm not sure that's correct. I've been testing this so many ways, I'm
not sure what I'm seeing, but I think a reject requires BOTH DKIM and
SPF to be absent or fail. If either passes, no DMARC reject occurs.

There are weird issues though. It seems I can't post from my gmail
address to my yahoo group. I get a non-delivery notice from gmail. I'm
not sure why. The yahoo group exists and my gmail address is a member
with posting privileges.

I'll follow up more after dinner break.