[Mailman-Users] Cannot start after ubuntu upgrade

Jeff Taylor shdwdrgn at sourpuss.net
Thu Apr 10 00:32:55 CEST 2014

I just upgraded an old ubuntu machine from oneiric to precise, and now I
cannot get mailman to run.  Something starts up long enough to set a pid
file, but then it simply dies.  There is nothing being added to either
syslog or any of the mailman log files.  I tried reinstalling mailman,
and made sure there were no other packages that needed to finish
installing after the upgrade, but I can't seem to find anything wrong.
I've been searching google for a way to increase logging verbosity, but
again came up empty.

What can I do to determine why mailman is dying?

Currently installed: 1:2.1.14-3ubuntu0.1
Previous version: 1:2.1.14-1ubuntu2