[Mailman-Users] Reconfiguring Mailman with different with-cgi-gid

Jon 1234 jon.1234 at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Apr 7 20:18:08 CEST 2014

> Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 10:04:01 -0800
> From: mark at msapiro.net
> To: mailman-users at python.org
> Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] Reconfiguring Mailman with different	with-cgi-gid
>
> On 12/17/2013 06:36 AM, Jon 1234 wrote:
> >
> > Just to check, is this the correct process? mailmanctl stop -- configure (with options as in previous emails) -- make install -- mailmanctl start. I'm note sure whether it's necessary to 'make install' again.
>

> Yes it is necessary to make install as this is what updates the
> mailman/cgi-bin/* wrappers which is what needs to be done.

Sorry to resurrect this.
1. When I tried to run configure, I realised the configure file wasn't there. I downloaded the same version - 2.1.15 - and used the file from there. Was this the right place to get the configure file?
2. It looked like the new configure options would have worked. Does that look right?checking for --with-username... [my username]checking for user name "[my username]"... okaychecking for --with-groupname... userschecking for group name "users"... okaychecking permissions on /[my path]/mailman... okay
3. Configuration stopped because a file was missing. Each time I uploaded the missing file from the recent download, the next attempt stopped for another file. I gave up as obviously I was barking up the wrong tree. I assume I used to have these files so what went wrong? Here they are:config.status: error: cannot find input file: misc/paths.py.inconfig.status: error: cannot find input file: Mailman/Defaults.py.inAlso.... install-sh, src/, misc/, Mailman/Defaults.py.in...
4. *IF* the answer is to install from scratch then move across the archive, could or should I use the latest version 2.1.17?
Thanks in anticipation. If you require further information please let me know.
Best wishes
Jon