[Mailman-Users] tuning bounce behavior with VERP

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Sep 13 01:46:07 CEST 2013

On 09/12/2013 08:34 AM, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> So I'm having some trouble figuring out whether things are working
> correctly. In particular, I seem to have users who are undeliverable
> for weeks and yet don't seem to be being unsubed even though the
> settings should be doing that.

If their delivery is disabled by bounce and not for some other reason,
and they are not being removed, the most likely explanation is
cron/disabled is not being run.

If they are not getting delivery disabled, check Mailman's 'bounce' log.
Also check the Postfix logs to see if bounces are returned and where
they are delivered.

See, <http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/get_bounce_info.py>