[Mailman-Users] Storing email address in MySQL

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Sep 10 03:05:55 CEST 2013

On 09/09/2013 05:53 PM, Aaron Dolgin wrote:
> my hosting provider has mailman preinstalled. am i suppose to have
> access to those files since mailman is open source?

I am neither a lawyer nor an expert on the GPL, so take my advice with
the proverbial grain of salt.

In any case, even if the GPL requires the provider to give you access to
the source and any of the provider's modifications, it certainly doesn't
require the provider to allow you to modify its software or to install
any modifications you might make.