[Mailman-Users] mailman error when subscribing from web page

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Sep 4 07:33:30 CEST 2013

On 09/03/2013 11:19 AM, Chad Rebuck wrote:
> Is this information helpful to post to the list or should I post this as a
> new bug report.  I couldn't tell if a bug report was already out there at
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman related to this issue.
> admin(16339):   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Pending.py", line 107, in
> __save
>
> admin(16339):     timestamp = evictions[cookie]
>
> admin(16339): KeyError: 'one_last_digest'

It looks to me like the lists/a2-16v-list/pending.pck file is corrupt.

Do other lists work?

What does Mailman's

bin/dumpdb lists/a2-16v-list/pending.pck

show? It looks like there is a key of 'one_last_digest', but there is no
such key in the 'evictions' sub-dictionary. This is a bogus key. I have
no idea how it got there (one_last_digest is a list attribute; it should
never be a key in the pending database). I'm sure that just removing
lists/a2-16v-list/pending.pck will fix the problem, but you will lose
any pending requests, but there may not be any depending on how long
this has gone on. The script at
<http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/list_pending> may help identify them.