[Mailman-Users] Removing disclaimers/specific text in body

Tim Walter tim at yingtong.co.uk
Tue Sep 3 23:15:15 CEST 2013

On 3 Sep 2013, at 15:32, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:

> Tim Walter writes:
>
>> I am using v2.1.9 (via webmin)
>
> Does that mean you have no access to add code to Mailman?
>
> It's not possible to configure this kind of thing via web interfaces,
> but if you can add fairly simple python script (which we can help you
> write) to the Mailman installation, it should be possible to strip
> these out.  You also have to change either the global configuration or
> individual list configurations in a way that requires shell access.

It is a dedicated server so I can theoretically get full access (though I do get rather nervous of destabilising things (I'm a doctor with an interest in IT rather than vice versa ?!?!?) )

I have managed to strip the disclaimers out from fudforum forum software which I use to archive and interface with the mailing list (it uses perl script to replace stuff) (You might argue with the sense of doing this with fudforum but it is what it is, and what users have requested!!!)

So the rough and ready perl I have found works there is

/\>.*\n/s

(these remove the un-necessary (for the forum) quoted email content, the two disclaimers, and the terminal mailing list sigblock respectively if it helps at all)

Many thanks for any help
Tim