[Mailman-Users] tuning bounce behavior with VERP

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Sep 3 00:09:43 CEST 2013

On 09/02/2013 02:26 PM, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> I'm more interested in questions like how I tell Mailman that I'm
> using VERP at all and such. Anything that is on the bounce
> configuration page I can just do through the web interface. :)

Your OP implied that you were doing the actual VERP in Postfix. If that
is the case, it should 'just work' without any Mailman changes at all as
long as your VERPed envelope sender for the LISTNAME list message to
user at example.com looks like

  LISTNAME-bounces+user=example.com at list.domain

I.e., Postfix VERP delimiters are '+='. This is parsed by

VERP_REGEXP =

If your VERPed envelope sender is different, you will need to set
VERP_REGEXP in mm_cfg.py to parse it correctly.

Also see the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/D4CE>.