[Mailman-Users] 2.1.15 cPanel issue

Malcolm Austen malcolm.austen at weald.org.uk
Thu Oct 31 20:37:18 CET 2013

Yes, I know you can't support cPanel installations but you may have some
ideas that will be useful when I finally resort to sending in a support
request that may get nothing better than a 'delete & recreate' response :-(

I think my cPanel provider has just upgraded to MM 2.1.15 and I have found
that I have a problem ...

I had changed the list-info and user-options pages and now, not only do
those pages result in 'Bug in Mailman version 2.1.15' displays, so do my
attempts to edit them through the admin interface.

I have noticed that a cPanel backup logs 4 sets (I have 4 lists) of
permission failures for my lists suggesting that the pages I have changed
no longer have the right permissions.

I seem not to have file level access to the mailman hierarchy, so I guess
I need advice as to what permissions I need to ask them to manually set on
which files or folders. I'd like to make my request specific enough to
avoid having the lists reset and the archives and/or membership lists
discarded.

Thanks for any advice, Malcolm.