[Mailman-Users] Automatic update of list members while making it possible to (un)subscribe manually

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Oct 24 21:58:46 CEST 2013

On 10/24/2013 06:02 AM, Henrik Rasmussen wrote:

> The group-members e-mail addresses are extracted from the group and
> pushed to the list using " add_members -wn -r /tmp/group_members.lst
> mailman-list". Likewise are those, no longer part of the group,
> removed from the list using "remove_members -n -N -f
> /tmp/group_exmembers.lst mailman-list".
>
> Now I want to combine those features, having lists that are updated
> automatically using above method, but at the same time making sure
> that group members, who have manually opted-out from the mailinglist,
> won't be subscribed to the mailinglist automatically again, and also
> making sure that people, who are not part of the group, have the
> ability to opt-in to the mailinglist without being removed by
> automatic procedure.
>
> Is there a neat way of accomplish this already?

I think the way you'll need to handle this is in the way you generate
the group_members.lst and group_exmembers.lst files. If you create files
which only contain members added to the group since the last add_members
run and members removed from the group since the last remove_members run
and use those as input, I think that will solve the problem.