[Mailman-Users] Re-enabling suspended subscribers - bounce settings were too sensitive

Drew Tenenholz drew.tenenholz at isid.org
Mon Oct 21 21:19:01 CEST 2013

All --

I could use some help in figuring out a good way to re-enable the subscriptions of several thousands of subscribers that have been automatically suspended because of bounces.

I have the email addresses of the folks who need to be re-enabled.
I have the passwords for these users too.

I tried by sending out a 'brief' email with about 300 lines like
     set authenticate <password> address=user at domain.tld
     set delivery ON

and mailman dutifully processed the first dozen lines and ignored the rest.  I'm pretty sure the reason for this would be to prevent a mass attack via email, and that's probably best left alone.

However, I need to do this in batches much larger than 12.

Any thoughts?  (I do have root access to the machine, so pretty much anything is possible.)

-- Drew Tenenholz