[Mailman-Users] Problem with mailman and outlook.com

Tim Sterk tim.sterk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 09:45:58 CEST 2013

On 07-10-13 04:36, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 10/04/2013 05:51 AM, Tim Sterk wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm having a problem with outlook.com and mailman. When I'm trying to
>> send a message through Outlook.com marks it as spam, but when I'm
>> sending a message from the same domain (and IP address), it is accepted
>> without a hitch.
>>
>> Underneath the headers of a message that is rejected at outlook.com:
>
> Rejected or marked as spam? They are not the same. And if it was
> rejected, where did you find the headers?

They are moved into the unwanted box, so I was able to view the message
and headers from there.

>> *Is there anybody who can help me solving this problem?
>
> Probably only Microsoft, but the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/4oA9>
> may help.

The interesting part for me is that this problem only applies to mail
sent through mailman, if I'm sending an email to the same address from
the same domain name it is accepted without a problem, so I'm thinking
that there is something in the headers that triggers this reaction at
outlook.com.

p.s. the messages are accepted without a problem at gmail.com (I haven't
tried any other major mail providers).

Greetings,