[Mailman-Users] Clearing Mailman's Queue...

Christopher Kurtis Koeber ckoeber at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 19:46:48 CEST 2013

Found it. Thank you.

This was a big help.

Regards,

Christopher Kurtis Koeber

-----Original Message-----
From: Mailman-Users
[mailto:mailman-users-bounces+ckoeber=gmail.com at python.org] On Behalf Of
Mark Sapiro
Sent: Monday, October 7, 2013 9:15 PM
To: mailman-users at python.org
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] Clearing Mailman's Queue...

On 10/07/2013 04:24 AM, Christopher Kurtis Koeber wrote:

> So now I have well over 6 thousand notifications pending. I stopped
> the notifications from flowing by simply stopping the mailman service
> but how do I clear the queue so that the notifications do not go out?

Most if not all will be in Mailman's out/ queue some may be in the virgin/
queue. You can probably identify them by time stamp and if in doubt,
Mailman's bin/show_qfiles will show you their contents.

Unwanted ones can simply be removed.

In a default Mailman installation these queue directories are in
/usr/local/mailman/qfiles or wherever you configured var_prefix to be.
Various packages put them in other places such as /var/spool/mailman/.