[Mailman-Users] Mailman is rewriting Message-Id

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Nov 14 07:07:09 CET 2013

Roel Wagenaar writes:

 > > What Mailman version is this? This should not happen unless General
 > > Options -> anonymous_list is Yes or the new in 2.1.16 General Options ->
 > > from_is_list setting is Wrap Message.

Ah, so this setting is actually useful in some real applications.

 > Changing the setting of anonymous_list to no has resulted in the correct
 > Message-Id.

I don't know if it's clear to you from Mark's reference above, so I'll
mention that if the reason you set anonymous_list to "yes" was to
automatically get the list in the "From" field, you can get that
effect with the "from_is_list" setting starting with version 2.1.16.

If there were other side effects of anonymous_list that you miss now,
and would like to be able to configure, feel free to mention them.

If they're not already configurable, they may not make it into Mailman
2 (that depends on how big a change it would require to make them
safe), but certainly we'll consider them for Mailman 3.

Regards,