[Mailman-Users] Mailman is rewriting Message-Id

Roel Wagenaar roel at wagenaar.nu
Wed Nov 13 14:53:17 CET 2013

L.S.

As an experiment I have set up a read-only maillist with the help of these
notes:

http://whoopis.com/howtos/mailman-readonly-list.php

Seems to work fine, unfortunatily mailman is rewriting the Message-Id of the
injected emails.

>From info on the web I was led to believe this should not happen, however I
can not find a config option to overrule this behaviour.

Is it save to alter /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Message.py so that the section:

        if not self.has_key('message-id'):
            self['Message-ID'] = Utils.unique_message_id(mlist)

is changed into:

        if not self.has_key('message-id'):
            self['List-Message-ID'] = Utils.unique_message_id(mlist)

Or will this create more problems than it solves?

Mailman is running on a dedicated virtual host, Debian 7

--
Roel Wagenaar,

Linux-User #469851 with the Linux Counter; http://linuxcounter.net/

Antw.: Omdat het de volgorde verstoord waarin mensen tekst lezen.
Vraag: Waarom is top-posting een slechte gewoonte?
Antw.: Top-posting.
Vraag: Wat is het meest ergerlijke in e-mail?

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?