[Mailman-Users] How to programmatically disable all mail to member

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 13:12:24 CET 2013

If the mail to a disabled account is set to bounce, then why have that
account in the 1st place?
Well, I guess you are preserving some mail or something, but if you
are not accepting new mail, I believe it is easier to send such mail
to /dev/null using the MTA than changing anything in Mailman.
Still looking at it, why don't you just unsubscribe the address from
Mailman, because it's useless anyway?

On 4 November 2013 14:56, Peter Heitzer
<Peter.Heitzer at rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:
> We do not delete student or staff accounts immediately but set them disabled for about 6 month
> before deleting the accounts. While an account if disabled its mail address is no longer in the
> mta's alias tables and so any mail from a mailman list the user is subscribed to will bounce.
> I want to prevent such bounces and like to disable any mail for a member without having to
> remove the membership.
> I did not find a method for this with the supplied commandline utilities so I assume I have
> to write my own using the 'with_list' command.
> What are the appropriate variables I have to set for the member I wish to disable?
> I think I have to disable both mail delivery and automatic password reminders.
>
> Thanks in advance

Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
Nairobi,KE
+254733744121/+254722743223
"I can't hear you -- I'm using the scrambler."