[Mailman-Users] Fire Wall Ports - 80, 25, others?

Drew Tenenholz drew.tenenholz at isid.org
Tue May 28 14:39:08 CEST 2013

HI All --

I'm running a mailman system that is located within a University IT system.  The Proofpoint managers recently managed to block the outside world from getting to Mailman (both the web interface and incoming mail) just before the long weekend by mucking with the fire wall rules.  [They did revert the rules before we were down for 4 days, which would have very extremely inconvenient.]

Is there a good reference to what ports and protocols they should leave alone so we can keep working?

-- Drew Tenenholz

P.S.  I didn't really get a chance to check on outgoing mail, as I don't work full-time for this client.  If I was directly connected through a VPN and to the internal network, web access was fine, which was the clue that this wasn't mailman's fault