[Mailman-Users] moving a mailing list to a new subdomain

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 17 19:34:53 CEST 2013

On 05/17/2013 08:45 AM, Matthew Needham wrote:
> An update...
>
> On May 16, 2013, at 14:48 PM, Matthew Needham <mneedham at hdfgroup.org> wrote:
>
>> 1. For the situation I described, are the instructions on that FAQ (moving the files) the ones I should be following?

They are as good as any.

>> 2. Should the arch --wipe command really be fixing the links to the scrubbed attachments? I also tried renaming the list  from list1 to list2 without changing the domain, and that didn't help. It seems like it should be easy enough change them manually, but I'd rather use whatever mechanism Mailman provides.
>

> The URL in the archives is updated for attachments that were received when scrubbing is OFF. For attachments that were received when scrubbing is ON, the URL is not rewritten and still points to the old list.

The issue here is that bin/arch --wipe will fix the links to attachments
scrubbed during the archiving process. However, for attachments scrubbed
during incoming message processing because scrub_nondigest is Yes, the
situation is different.

The attachment was saved in the attachments directory and replaced by a
link in the actual message body. Thus, the LIST.mbox file contains only
the link in the body and the only place the scrubbed attachment exists
is in the attachments directory on the old server.

The only way to fix this is to move the actual files from the
attachments directory on the old server and update the links manually or
possibly with some programmatic process.