[Mailman-Users] Root as the sender

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed May 15 01:32:41 CEST 2013

On 05/14/2013 06:23 AM, Kamlesh Rao wrote:

> We want to be able to have root user send out emails to any distribution list..
>
> Currently we have an instance of mailman were this works. I checked and noticed that root is not added to the membership list. So not sure were in the config you can set this to.

What exactly works? Local mail originating from root or any mail that
happens to spoof root at example.com in the From: header.

If the latter, just add root at example.com to Privacy options... -> Sender
filters -> accept_these_nonmembers.

If the former, you must have some local mods to support this.

Note: Please don't hijack existing threads by replying to an unrelated
post. If starting a new topic, post an original message to
mailman-users at python.org, don't reply to another message.